Humbled- The broken kind.

I have had a tough couple of weeks. Mainly self-inflicted .God responded with some swift discipline and broke me. But I asked Him too. I repeated this prayer to him early last month from psalm 32:9;

'Lead me like the mule if You have too!' and the passage for that is from is below.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
"I will guide you with My eye.
 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,

Which 
have no understanding" 

So he did just that, led me like a mule, but because He cares so much for me. But it did brake me. 


But I am sitting here in His presence tonight praising Him and knowing He loves me. The Lord disciplines those He loves. The great thing is I actually trust His correction. It’s tough and I am a stubborn mule! But I will soon be meek after God is done with me.  
This is what I believe I heard him say to me tonight after I said “why do I need to be broken so much?” His response:
“I broke myself so that people could know My love for them. Don’t be ashamed. You broke for a reason.”

I love my Dad. And that’s how I feel about Him now, He’s my dad who does all dad stuff with me. Has fun with me, corrects me, and gives me advice, tells me much He loves me, lets me go to work with Him and gives me heaps of things to do.

So thank you Jesus for loving me so much and being broken on that cross.


12 Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.” James 1. 



Please remember to comment and share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa v Jesus.

“Build their faith”

What's your calling?