Jesus My Comforter.


 Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets. 2 Corinthians 7

I remember a time before I had believed in Jesus when I felt so much pain that I wanted to die. I wanted the pain to just stop. The thing was, it was my own actions that had brought me to that point. Whether if it was through my own blindness or through lack of wisdom, I had driven my self to a point of hopelessness. I had no one to comfort me.

I remember a time since I have believed in Jesus that I felt so much pain that I wanted Jesus to just sweep me up and take me home to Him. I remember being on my hands and knees and the pain within me was so excruciating I didn’t know what else to do but scream and yell. “You don’t know what its like God!! You don’t know what this feels like! You have no idea!” His response came at me soft and was short. “Jesus.”

God is so good. He didn’t tell me to suck it up, he didn’t tell me that he was going to take all of this pain away from me instantly, He just reminded me of everything I needed in one word; Jesus.

As I knelt there in the middle of the room, my face covered in tears, I was reminded of everything that Jesus suffered. All the pain He endured, all the rejection, all the false accusations, all the humiliation and the many other things. My heart rate slowed, my pain subsided and relief set over me. I realized something; God knew exactly how I felt. All of a sudden I knew Jesus intimately. At that moment I knew I had Jesus on my side and by my side. I knew I would get through this. I now knew him as My Comforter.

And now, isn’t it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. 2 Corinthians 7

Looking back at that pain that I felt then and the love that Jesus showed to me in that pain, I rejoice because I have been able to comfort others and guide them to the one who comforted me in my time. I often think about the verse In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” (Luke 15:10) and think about the party that heaven has every time a person turns to God and believes in Jesus. Jesus must look back at the day He was crucified and say He regrets none of the pain that He suffered because the salvation and comfort it brings to men and women.


So if you are going through a painful period in your life, cry out to Jesus. He is your answer and comfort. And remember this, He always has something better for you.

Please remember to comment and share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa v Jesus.

“Build their faith”

This is your moment.